Friday, November 12, 2010



Day 198, Nov. 12
Listening to: Someone to Watch Over Me
Thought for the day: Yes Virginia, there is a God………….and he is not Santa Claus.

This photo is not the photo I took to represent November 12, 2010, but it represents my state of mind today. The little girl in this picture is me back in the stone age.

I park on the street because I have no driveway or garage. As a result, warming my car up in the morning is a necessity when the temps plummet. A while back I decided to start using the wait time to pray. My prayers are usually very similar from day to day, but not today. I don’t know why I embarked on a prayer departure. I began my prayer with words of gratitude, moved on to blessing requests, prayed for my children and sick friends, and then it happened. I started asking God for stuff. After I said, “Amen,” I sat there a minute and thought to myself, “Did I just talk to God like He was Santa Claus? I believe I did.” I was a bit perplexed all day. I came to the conclusion that God wants us to talk to Him about everything including our wants.

Of course in my laundry list of wants this morning, I asked Santa Claus God to bring me a fireplace. If God was like the Santa Claus on the movie A Christmas Story he’d probably say to me, “you’ll burn your house down,” or “there’s a nice fireplace downstairs.”

The picture I intended for today - Moon Over Autumn



No comments:

Post a Comment