Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 316 – July 14
Listening to: You Say You Want a Revolution
Thought for the day: I need a boat. Not want. Need. Really. Oh, wait, they require oil. Nevermind.

The Black Pearl at Black Jack Cove

Arrrr….Ahoy mateys. It’s my Wednesday night dinner review. Look, I found me a man. Wonder if he has a boat? He may look mean, but he has some booty………treasure booty …….not butt booty……wait……it looks like I'm touching it........ I SWEAR I didn’t check to see if he had a butt! Ahem….

Tonight my crew and I ate at the Black Pearl at Black Jack Cove. This restaurant is located in Old Hickory and floats on a quiet lake cove. The food is good, but I’m not gonna lie. The relaxed ambience is what’s up here. I always feel like I’m on vacation when I drop in for food and bevies.

The menu doesn't dish out anything bizarre or too foo-foo. It's standard American food.....a little fish, a little steak.......a few sandwiches. I didn’t order anything out of the ordinary. I had grilled chicken and salad (zzzzzzzz). My cohorts ordered blackened grouper and shrimp scampi. The most interesting food choices of the night belonged in the appetizer category. We ordered Cajun alligator bites and black-eye pea salsa/chips to kick off our weekly food fest. Très bien!!! Everyone gave the entire meal a giant Wednesday thumbs up.

P.S Thought about ya Joe!!!

http://www.blackjackcove.com/
Be patient with this website! I wish they would redo it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment