Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day 273 - August 29
August 29
Listening to: You Can Ring My Bell
Thought for the Day: Tennis begins with love.

In honor of the beginning of the U.S. Open Tennis Championship, I thought I’d feature a tennis-related photo. You are looking at the tennis “net” at the community tennis court in my hood. This is not your regulation net. This one is made out of aluminum yard fencing. Durable? Yes..........but I wonder how it would affect Roger’s game.

When I was young, I had a passion for dance (pretended I was Baryshnikov’s partner), ice skating (pretended I was Dorothy Hamill while roller skating), and tennis (pretended I was Chris Evert). If I wasn’t lacing up my toe shoes or attempting triple salchows on wheels, I was smashing tennis balls up against the neighbor’s house. Unfortunately, tennis lessons weren’t readily available where I grew up and neither were ice skating lessons, so I ended up with fifty billion other girls taking dance. I have regrets for not following my passion for tennis. SOOOOOO…….I have added to my bucket list, you got it, tennis lessons! I will sign up within the next year. I expect ya'll to hold me to it! I intend to be an old woman that plays tennis on Tuesdays and golf on Thursdays.

What’s on your bucket list?

No comments:

Post a Comment