Wednesday, August 25, 2010


Day 277 – August 25
Listening to: Good Morning Star Shine
Thought for the day: Let the good times roll!

Tonight I ventured out to the land of Mt. Juliet to sample the New Orleans-style cuisine of Larriviere’s. Before arriving at the appointed Wednesday night dinner group destination, my attitude was enveloped in work-related sadness. Said attitude insisted we were going to order a beer, onion rings, and the brownie ala mode. When I walked in and saw the cheerful faces of my friends, my attitude took a back seat to reason. I ended up ordering the jambalaya. The flavor was good, but they weren't very generous with the shrimp. Three of my friends ordered Grouper Acadian and gave it high marks.

Forget the food though. They have these fried garlic rolls that are gobsmackingly good. As long as you have one of these babies, you won’t care what your entree is. Seriously.

I’m so full that my brain isn’t working, so if there is evidence of any grammar implosion, it’s Larriviere’s fault.

http://www.larrivieres.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment