Saturday, August 14, 2010

Day 290 - Aug 12
Listening to: Pseudio
Thought for the day: Hello, my name is Kris and I could use a chunk of divine intervention.

This is my neighbor, Tom. He is 78 and has no clue what the internet is or anything about digital photos, so I covertly took this photo of him with my cell phone. He is a dog man………calls his house, “The Kennel.” He has two ex-wives who he claims put him in “the Kennel.” His favorite saying is, “if you don’t move, they’ll paint ya,” and boy, does he move. If you need advice, Tom has it, and he is blunt.

Tom is a trial bird dog trainer. He wheels and deals in dogs like a seasoned Donald Trump slinging land. One day he called me and said, “I have me a black woman.” I giggled a little and waited for what was next. You never know with Tom. Long story short, the “black woman” was none other than THE black Fab Lab, aka Pearlzizzle, that is now my constant companion. A dog breeder owed Tom a bird dog but had gone out of the bird dog business and into breeding Labs. Reluctantly, Tom took a black Lab instead thinking he could train her to respond like his bird dogs. She never did. That’s when he offered her to me! I am furever in debt to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment