Wednesday, August 18, 2010


Day 284 - August 18
Listening to: Your Kiss is on My List
Thought for the day: Grills Just Wanna Have Fun….

Sunset Grill - Grouper Cheeks?

My Wednesday night dinner group went to Sunset Grill, a well established restaurant in Nashville. Yeah, yeah…………..we all know it’s good so I’m not going to talk about the food………..well not exactly. My problem with Sunset Grill is that my redneck brain is too incompetent to decipher the menu. They use phrases like ginger infused sticky purple rice, almond gremolata, smoked green tomato ponzu, roasted red pepper coulis…………I could continue. THEN……..tonight on the special menu…………..duh duh duh……….Grouper Cheeks. GROUPER CHEEKS???? Would these be the butt cheeks or facial cheeks of the poor fish? This inquiring diner would like to know.

After minimal sleep, not being home much, and being in the possession of a mushy brain I was tempted just to order the freakin’ cheeseburger for safety sake. I ordered the pork loin. It was way too salty for me, but had a wonderful flavor. The high scorers for the night were the Shrimp & Grits and the Ode to Zola Paella. After seeing the dessert menu, next time I go to Sunset Grill I’m going for dessert.

http://www.sunsetgrill.com/home

No comments:

Post a Comment