Monday, August 30, 2010

August 30
Listening to: Cheeseburger in Paradise
Thought for the Day: Plastic flamingos migrate in August. Who knew?

I was feeling the weight of the week in my gut when I pulled out of my neighborhood this morning. Then I saw the flamingorama in my neighbor’s yard and it made my soul smile. I couldn’t resist making this my photo of the day. Is it a coincidence that Dictionary.com’s word of the day was “shenanigans” and I see this? I think not! These flamingofied shenanigans are really a flocking fundraiser for the Nashville zoo! Flock your friends and help a flamingo! I absolutely love this idea to raise money. If you would like to flock someone, flamingo to the website

http://www.nashvillezoo.org/media/Flock%20Your%20Friends.pdf.

I’m not sure why I love the pink plastic flamingo fowls, but I do. These icons of pop culture emerged in 1957 and were designed by Don Featherstone. For his contribution to lawns across America, birdman Don won a Nobel Prize for art in 1996. The original flamingos were sold in pairs with one standing upright and the other feeding off the ground.

If I had a $100 to spare (just bought a graphing calculator…uggh), I’d beg someone to flock me or I’d be looking for someone to flock. It wouldn’t take me long. I have many friends that could use a good flocking.

No comments:

Post a Comment