Saturday, August 21, 2010


Day 281 - August 21
Listening to: You’ve Got A Friend
Thought for the day: Fruit only angers my need for chocolate. ~Jason Love

Nothin’ says Tennessee like a get-ta-gether of good friends, fried fish, and a plate of tomatoes and Goo Goo Cluster candy (are they bars?).

When I verbally pointed out this unusual party display to 365 follower and good friend Eddie, he said, “There’s your picture of the day right there.” I said, “But what do I say about tomatoes and Goo Goos?” He didn’t know. Suddenly, I felt challenged. I asked party hostess extraordinaire Stephanie, “any reason why you have Goo Goos and tomatoes on a plate at your party?” She said, “Nope.”

Back to the drawing board.

Eddie and I started to talk about it again. Eddie said, “Goo Goos are named for the Grand Ole Opry……… G-O-O…….Grand Ole Opry.” I said, “nuh uhhh.” He whooped out his Droid phone and Goo-Goo Googled “GOO GOO” to prove his claim.............. but he failed. For the REAL story behind the Goo Goo name, visit http://www.googoo.com/history.asp

If nothing else, the tomatoes and Goo Goos were a conversation piece……….. for Eddie and me anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment