Monday, September 6, 2010

Day 265 - Sept. 6
Listening to: The Promise
Thought for the day: Without labor nothing prospers. ~Sophocles

I turned to Wikipedia to find out what the LLL acronym on this bumper sticker represents. I was shown a slew of options. When I was in college, we had our own LLL club. It stood for Loser Loser Loser because none of us seemed to have firm goals. Despite the negativity of it, we laughed a lot about our circumstances. Loser Loser Loser wasn’t on Wikipedia’s list. Their suggestions for LLL included low-level lighting, La Leche League, Leisure Suit Larry (like this one), Lifelong Learning, Love’s Labor’s Lost, and Lurk Listen Learn (many of my Facebook friends). I believe Leisure Suit Larry would have belonged to our college LLL club!

For today, LLL means Life, Love, & Labor Day! If it weren’t for my mother’s cooking, Labor Day might just kick Thanksgiving to the number two spot on my list of favorite holidays. I mean, think about it. There are no expectations, no Lifetime sappy holiday movies to make me feel like a Loser Loser Loser, and it’s a reminder that I am grateful to be employed even if I do not have my ideal job. Basically, it’s a day to be Lazy Lazy Lazy! I Like Like Like!

No comments:

Post a Comment