Wednesday, September 1, 2010


Day 270 - September 1
Listening to: Last Dance
Thought for the Day: Thank you Wednesday for treating me with kid gloves.

The Black Pearl at Black Jack Cove

I told a friend of mine about my plans to play tennis on Tuesdays and golf on Thursdays when I get old and his comment was, “in between you have what do ya eat Wednesdays!” My Wednesday night dinner group chose to return to the Black Pearl at Black Jack Cove for our weekly jaunt into restaurantland. We have logged four trips to the Black Pearl. It is a keeper.

They've parred down their menu which isn't reflected online yet. Tonight, I ordered the special which was jerk chicken marinated in some kind of slap yo mamma sauce served on top of dried tomato pesto laced mashed potatoes. It was a bit too spicy for me but nevertheless was tasty and the inventiveness of it was greatly appreciated. Be forewarned that there is a Corps of Engineer charge on every bill (designated as COE). My charge was 78 cents……….. a mere pittance to pay for such a peaceful place.

One note of interest: there are little baggies of water randomly placed along the deck. Each bag contains one shiny penny. The waitress informed us that these little baggies bid flies farewell. Skeptic that I am, I checked it out online (http://www.snopes.com/critters/wild/flies.asp). I still don't know if it's a legit fly repellent or not. I can say without doubt not one fly asked me for a bite.

http://www.blackjackcove.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment