Friday, October 15, 2010

Day 228 - Oct. 14
Listening to: If You Ever Have Forever in Mind
Thought for the day: Bread and butter taste good no matter what side you put the butter on. ~David Baker

This sign screams old school at me. It is plastered on the oldest building gracing the sprawling acreage where I work (circa 1920s-30s). Who says “off standard” anything? The lack of a hyphen seems kinda off standard to me. If the sign was made today, it would probably say “watch your step” since that is the intended message. I did Google “off standard steps” out of curiosity. Google gave me four pages of companies that build off standard steps. I suppose off standard steps are for off standard areas……….which is not an off standard assumption.

Possible “off standard” signs that might be attached to me ……….if I needed a sign that is ………would be “off standard brain” or “off standard cookie consumer.” What would yours say

No comments:

Post a Comment