Tuesday, October 5, 2010


Day 236 - Oct. 5
Listening to: Takin’ it to the Streets
Thought for the day: I wouldn't describe myself as lacking in confidence, but I would just say that - the ghosts you chase you never catch. ~John Malkovich

Halloween decorations have changed since I was a child. Several of the houses in my hood are already lit up like it’s an orange and purple Christmas. Purple? When did purple become Halloween-ish?

Like Christmas, I am an Ebenezer Hallowooge. Boo Humbug! My poor children. They use to have to prod me with sharp objects to get me to do anything Halloweeney. I did muster up a few typical pumpkin scooping goo moments. One time I went all out and buried an illuminated zombie. The grass is just now returning to normal. I bet my kids were wondering where their real mom was that year.

Despite it all, I will confess to enjoying being a Halloween yard voyeur. From the yards that look like Party City vomited on them to the more simple and tasteful decorations, I enjoy living vicariously through others.

Thanks neighbors for jackin' up your electricity bills purely for the hood's enjoyment!

No comments:

Post a Comment