Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 239 - Oct. 2
Listening to: I Can't Go for That
Thought for the day: Staying awake until 3:32 a.m.? ummm....... I'm too old for this!

3:32 A.M

I'm tired. Long day. The McGavock High School Marching Band competed at the Traveler's Rest Invitational Saturday at Overton High School. I really didn't care where they placed as long as they had a good performance............and they did. They ended up second overall and first in their class.

While I was watching the contest, I noticed this child in front of me. How could I miss her. She was ZONKED. How does anyone sleep through the noise that is marching band? Not only that, but she is on a cold bleacher and in an awkward position. ahhhh........ the beauty of childhood. Anyway, I just thought this moment was too precious not to include in my 365. I wonder how many younger siblings have to go to marching band competitions or sporting events against their own will to support an older sibling. It's good to see some make the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment