Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 19– May 5
Listening to: I Don’t Care Anymore
Thought for the day: My friend Johnny Ellis mentioned my “thought for the day” in passing today. I asked him for words of wisdom to include in today’s thought. He said, “Stay out of jail.” Wise man that Johnny Ellis.

From the strange truck creepin’ on my house last night to the strange email from a friend’s ex-boyfriend that flopped like a dying fish into my inbox today to this strange site at the gas station, I was served up a heapin’ helpin’ of strange casserole today…………..sans cheese. I don’t know about you, but this site makes me think of George Jones.

I wondered if this man conserved any gas by driving his lawn mower to the gas station. How many MPG does a mower get anyway? Based on a quick trip down Google Lane I found out that a John Deere riding mower gets about the same MPG as a car. So why NOT drive the mower to the gas station? I have wondered if gas gets really expensive if people will stop mowing. I think one of my neighbors has already decided gas is too expensive to mow. His yard is becoming a safari.

No comments:

Post a Comment