Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 126 - Jan 27
Listening to: Spill the Wine
Thought for the day: Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died. ~Erma Bombeck

I had to spend some time in a surgeon’s office today………….don’t worry, it was nothing big and I’m not having surgery. While I was waiting, I noticed the doctor's chief residency certification for Vanderbilt Medical Center hanging on the wall. He was appointed chief resident for his specialty in the 80s. That is a long time to be operating on bodies. I started wondering what it would be like to be smart enough to chop up people and fix them. After 20 years of doing it, is it as easy for him as, say, making a sandwich? I can’t even make a decent sandwich after 20 years of experience. Good thing I am not a doctor.

BTW........I am wondering if I'm the only one who has an urge to push those weird buttons (green switch in photo) on the walls in doctor's offices but never do.

No comments:

Post a Comment