Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 148 Jan 4
Listening to: Hold the Line
Thought for the day: I think more people probably say, “God let me win the lottery” than “Our Father who art in Heaven….”

Now that the trees have shed their clothes, I have really been noticing their naked beauty. I will be sharing a few trees that I have noticed in my 365 over the next week or so.

This particular tree (it is one tree) stood out to me because of its opposing sides. One side of its branches reaches towards the sky. The other side frowns down toward the ground. It’s a yin/yang tree, a happy/sad tree, a comedy/drama tree, a democrat/republican tree. It’s a life tree in actuality. Life is duality. All humans have dualities going on in some way or another. Despite the opposing sides, the tree thrives through the seasonal cycle.

I bought a lottery ticket today and the minute I walked out the store door with the ticket I started the questioning. No, I didn’t ask myself what I’d do if I won. I asked myself, “Do you really want to win?” $300+ million is a ridiculous amount of money. Talk about your dualities! I think I buy into the fantasy more than the reality when I participate in the lottery. Whether I win or I don’t win, for richer or for poorer, I will continue to live through my own seasonal cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment