Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 127 - Jan 26
Listening to: Old Fashioned Love Song
Thought for the day: Yeah we all shine on, like the moon, and the stars, and the sun.
~John Lennon

Lately the Wednesday night dinner group forays have been somewhat unique. So when the word went out tonight that the choice was Ruby Tuesday’s, the person making the choice apologized for not being “adventuresome.” We will forgive her THIS time! Seriously, the food was excellent, priced right, and they have one of the best salad bars going (you’re saying duhh….. I’m sure). AND THOSE CROUTONS……….. I would be happy if someone just put a horse’s feed bag over my face filled with their homemade croutons. Tonight, the croutons were FaaaRESH. I started to only put croutons on my plate, but decided crouton gluttony was inappropriate.

Despite the normalcy of the dinner choice, my drink choice was quite adventuresome. I had a pear and lavender martini. I was a bit of a pansy today and let the weight of life wilt me, but this bizarre concoction eased me a bit………….ahem………..must have been the lavender. I don’t think I will ever order it again, but don’t regret ordering it. I lived a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment