Thursday, February 17, 2011


Day 106 - Feb. 16
Listening to: My Funny Valentine
Thought for the day: A trout in the pot is better than a salmon in the sea.

Trout, trout, trout……………… the trout dish is why the Wednesday night group keeps going back to the Bicyclette CafĂ©. I had never ordered the trout before, so I decided to try it tonight. My trout dish had three things going against it: I ate too many Girl Scout cookies prior, I coveted what the peep sitting next to me ordered, and I’ve been eating a ton of tilapia lately which is a milder fish. My first bite of the trout was……………….well, FISHY. The second bite was a bit better. By the 4th or 5th bite I started understanding the fish frenzy. The Wednesday night peep sitting next to me ordered the prosciutto poulet brochette (prosciutto stuffed chicken). It looked D-I-V-I-N-E. I suffered peep plate envy. I will order it next time. My final trout verdict? It was good, but not my fave.

http://www.bicyclettecafe.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment