Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 120 - Feb. 2
Listening to: I Feel the Earth Move
Thought for today: Wednesdays always leave me knackered!

Melrose Pub - http://www.themelrose.net/

It must be bloody UK week for me. The Wednesday night dinner group enjoyed some Americanized British culture by choosing a pub for dinner. The dictionary defines a pub as a bar or tavern. Those words just don’t seem to represent the essence of a true British pub to me. In all honesty, I have yet to find an American pub that is anything like a British pub.

The Melrose Pub is located in the west part of Nashville where the shady neighborhood starts transitioning into an affluent neighborhood. The pub itself is an interesting place and does manage to capture a fairly legitimate “local” bar atmosphere. They serve mostly hamburgers, sandwiches, wings and beer, beer, beer. All of their beef is grown locally which is a bit of an oddity these days. I skipped the beef and went straight for the veggie burger, a delicacy that might be akin to local cow cud for the avid meat consumer. It was probably one of the best veggie burgers I’ve had.

Just one side note: if you order the fries with ranch dressing and cheese, request the ranch dressing on the side unless you like a side of fries with your dressing. Good news? We were not charged for the fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment