Tuesday, February 15, 2011


Photo Credit: Shelbyville Times Gazette
http://www.t-g.com/blogs/davidmelson/entry/39736/

Day 107 - Feb. 15
Listening to: Black Magic Woman
Thought for the day: The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary. ~Donald Kendall

This photo found its way into my in box late last night. It has been on my mind all day. That’s my Dad on the far left. He is so TINY. The photo was included in a blog that discusses the bygone days of Shelbyville, Tennessee. Obviously the skyline of the metropolis of Shelbyville has changed and there was a need for the blogger to ooooh and ahhh over what was, but I’m disappointed that there was no discussion in the blog about bicycle newspaper carriers being relinquished to the hall of the dinosaurs.

My Dad was 10 in this picture. TEN…………he was earning a wage at freaking ten years old!!!! Needless to say he’s gone on to become a very successful businessman and physicist. I can’t help but wonder if starting work at such a young age didn’t ensure his success. Are we missing something by not having ordinary jobs for youngsters in this day and time?

No comments:

Post a Comment