Saturday, April 23, 2011

Day 35 - April 21
Listening to: Think
Thought for the day: “If I can stop one Heart from breaking I shall not live in vain If I can ease one life the Aching Or cool one Pain Or help one fainting Robin Unto his Nest again I shall not live in Vain” ~Emily Dickinson

I spent the day slaying the beast that I call The Hedgerow from Hell. Typically, I only trim a foot off the top and I do so in June. I decided this year to take advantage of cool weather and cut the beast in half in April. As I brandished the hedge cutter, blades gleaming in the sun, I had no fear. And then it happened. I spotted a bird nest (this never happens in June). There was an egg in it. SOB!!! I cut around the nest. My woes were not over There ended up being THREE nests. I don’t know if the momma birds will come back or not, but I had to try. The thought crossed my mind that I may potentially be a baby bird killer, but then wait……………… I eat eggs all of the time. Does that make me a mass serial baby chicken killer? I think too much.

Anyway, I’m hoping a few of my neighbors will read this and understand why my hedge row has small sections that are uncut. It looks really funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment