Saturday, April 23, 2011

Day 38 - April 18
Listening to: Love the One You’re With
Thought for the day: Love My Easter Bunny (Mom)

How it is possible any of us ever believed in the Easter Bunny with basket bonanzas on display like this one in K-Mart? At least Santa’s shenanigans are a bit more covert. All I know is I always wanted one of these commercial concocted baskets chock full of chocolate and a toy. I never received one. The Bunny in my life (aka Mom) was always generous, but I still longed to see the masses of shiny cellophane glimmering in the morning light when I ventured into the room where the Bunny left the goods. I’m grateful my Bunny never gave into my childish wishes and commercial trickery because I still have ever single stuffed rabbit, lamb, and duck ever given to me on Easter morn. I doubt I could say the same if I had been the recipient of a store-bought basket.

No comments:

Post a Comment