Thursday, April 7, 2011


Day 49 – April 6
Listening to: Cherry Cherry
Thought for the day: The only sure thing about luck is that it will change. ~Wilson Mizner

Meet Maneki Neko, the lucky cat. With my Wednesday Night Dinner Club on hiatus for two weeks, I felt kind of lost tonight. I decided I was going to eat out anyway………or takeout in my case. When I went to pick up my food, lucky cat was beckoning to me. Beckoning you say? Yes, beckoning. Lucky cat beckons, he does not wave. There is a cultural difference in American body gestures vs. oriental gestures.

A lucky cat with his left paw raised is supposed to attract customers. No. 1 Chinese really doesn’t need a beckoning cat to draw me in as long as they have an ample supply of crab rangoons. A waving crab rangoon would work just as well! The color of a lucky cat also carries significance. A gold lucky cat is supposed to bring great wealth. A red lucky cat begets love and marriage. Don’t be surprised if you walk in my house and see a red plastic feline beckoning to you.

http://www.best-cat-art.com/Japanese-lucky-cat.html

No comments:

Post a Comment