Saturday, April 16, 2011


Day 42 - April 14
Listening to: Early in the Morning
Thought for the day: AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGH
HHHHH

At what age is it considered okay to become repetitive? You know, the age where no one says, "you already told me that." Let's pretend I'm at that age because I think I'm probably being repetitive with today's thought.

I know what my Dad’s favorite food is. It’s ice cream. He bleeds it. You can count on eating it if you visit him. He used ice cream to teach me his sharing principle; the principle that the process of sharing makes whatever you are sharing better.

While visiting him one summer, I went to get the ice cream container out of the freezer only to find it almost empty (a rare occurrence in the Trolinger household). I scooped out the remaining clouds of vanilla into my bowl without any regard for anyone else. My Dad was observing my every move. When I sat down and started to eat he said, "You know that would taste better if you'd share” I giggled and said, “yeah……..right.” What kind of ploy was this? Then, a strange thing happened. I was slammed with guilt and ended up sharing. We laughed the entire time. I remember the moment more than the ice cream which is EXACTLY why sharing makes everything better.

There never was, nor will there ever be a need to scream in our family car to get Dad to stop for ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment