Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 41 - April 15
Listening to: I'm Always Chasing Rainbows
Thought for the day: Lost.

My photography skills are a lot like my driving skills. I’m not a very good driver and I'm not a very good photographer. When I combined the two, the outcome wasn’t pretty. Yes, I took this photo while trying to manipulate the streets of Madison. I had to. It was too poetic. In case, you think you need reading glasses, don’t fret. It IS blurry.

You are looking at a garbage truck with the words “PRAY TODAY” on the back. My initial thought was “If I had to get up at 5 a.m. every morning and smell, see, and touch other people’s trash I’d be in constant prayer for my circumstances to change.” Then, my thoughts switched to the fact that many people, including myself, only pray when there is garbage in their lives. Why is it so difficult to pray when the i’s are dotted and t’s crossed?

No comments:

Post a Comment