Sunday, December 19, 2010


Day 164 - Dec. 19
Listening to: Miracle on 34th Street
Thought for today: Now wait a minute, Susie. Just because every child can't get his wish that doesn't mean there isn't a Santa Claus.

On my walk today I noticed squirrel nests and mistletoe are abundant in the trees. I started thinking about mistletoe. It has been a long time since I have seen anyone use mistletoe as a kissing trap. Is this a tradition destined for the attic of Christmases past…………..like all stores being closed on Christmas, an orange viewed as a special treat, Lifesaver booklets, and saying Merry Christmas?

Aside from the lure of a kiss, Mr. Mistletoe is no boring plant. He is in fact a tree murderer, a real parasite. He is also poisonous which makes me wonder about the whole kissing thing. The French believed he was hanging out on the tree chopped down to make the cross used to crucify Jesus. On the flip side there are those in history that viewed Mr. Mistletoe as a hero, a real magician. From curing fertility problems to protecting one from evil, some thought Mr. Mistletoe had it going ONNNN.

As for me, I’ve never been kissed under the mistletoe. Maybe I should add this to my bucket list.
If you plan to be the one to help me fulfill my bucket list, please read the mistletoe instructions. Mucking it up isn't an option! http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/family/mistletoe3.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment