Monday, December 13, 2010

Day 170 - Dec. 13
Listening to: Bennie and the Jets
Thought for the day: Dear Mr. Heat Miser, if I have ever taken you for granted please forgive me!

Behold the Amazon snow angel! Yes, I made a snow angel today! Who invented the snow angel? It took some ingenuity to figure out that you can lie down and swipe your legs and arms in a manner that creates the image of an angel. I bet an angel inspired someone to do it.

As expected I Googled “who invented the snow angel” and received more information than expected. I had to share my find!

• What is the largest amount of snow angels to descend upon the Earth? Exactly 8,962 snow angels were simultaneously created in North Dakota on March 28, 2007. http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2007-02-18-snow-angel_x.htm

• Can making a snow angel cost you money? YEP! Making a snow angel in the end zone of a football game to celebrate a touchdown will get you penalized in the NFL. Wes Welker was fined $10,000 and he’s not the only one. http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/12/21/wes-welker-penalized-for-snow-angel/

• There is a snow angel name generator online. My snow angel name is “Glory the Angel of Tree Decorating.” Just call me Glory for short. See what your snow angel name is at http://www.quizopolis.com/snow-angel-name-generator.php.

• So who invented the snow angel? One source said a little girl named Anna Thomas fell in the snow in 1904 and was the first to make the observation. Another source says snow angels date back to Greek times. I did not find a definitive answer to the question.

I wonder what snow angels eat? Maybe I should Google it!

No comments:

Post a Comment