Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Day 175 - Dec. 6
Listening to: The Gift
Thought for today: I'm grateful for my parents.

I am sick and haven’t been very mobile today, so I decided to pull a photo out of the archives that makes me smile.

It is parade season. Everyone loves a parade right? It’s not much fun participating in one when you’re in a marching band behind the horse brigade. When you’re on a float it is a lot of fun……………. even if your mom makes you wear an ugly brown coat under your beautiful white angel costume. I am the angel in the box in this picture. It appears that I am the “greatest gift of all.” Yeah, yeah, I know they really mean Jesus. The design of this float is pretty much a parade float FAIL in more ways than one. All I remember about this particular parade is throwing a bit of a tantrum about having to wear the coat. I should have just been grateful my mom didn’t make me wear a ski mask……………….though an angel in a ski mask might have been cool.

Btw…..
This is the Tullahoma Christmas parade back in the early 70s. Some of my Tullahoma peeps may know the other two boys in this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment