Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day 84 - March 11
Listening to: Things Can Only Get Better
Thought for the day: Here's to matrimony, the high sea for which no compass has yet been invented! ~Heinrich Heine

Today…………….TODAY was my day of reckoning! I made a bet two years ago that I would be remarried by 3/11/11 (see day 140 http://on.fb.me/foqfoG for more detail ).

Typically, I’m a competitive person to a fault. Not this time. I accepted defeat with grace. When I woman’d up, ceremoniously entered the room where the challenge had been laid down, and presented my $1 matrimonial gambling fee, my counterpart granted me "Bruce Clementcy" (my bookie's name is Bruce Clements). He extended the bet another year…………………phhhht……………... What does he gain? Double or nothing, or $2. What do I gain? He has to drink an entire bottle of champagne (he does not like champagne).

I accepted the year’s extension and as seem in this photo "Bruce Clementcy" is writing the amended date on the gambling wall-o-shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment