Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 89 - March 6
Listening to: Tie a Yellow Ribbon (I always wanted to be a "Dawn")
Thought for the day: I did not have three thousand pairs of shoes; I had one thousand and sixty. ~Imelda Marcos

I had to say goodbye to a beloved pair of shoes today. If I didn’t have boobs, hips, and lust after men, I would seriously question my gender. I don’t spend money on shoes, purses, and hate to shop. Imelda Marcos I am not. With the exception of running shoes, I don’t think I’ve ever spent over $20 on either a purse or pair of shoes. Oddly, today is the first time that I have felt emotion over a pair of shoes since being made fun of for wearing “buddies” in elementary school.

Some day I will buy a Coach purse and/or a pair of Jimmy Choos…………….if hell freezes over you know what has happened.

RIP ugly shoes that had no support but allowed me to feel like I was walking barefoot while keeping my feet dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment